Tuesday, March 30, 2010
RESERVE your spot for Cairo's 1st EVER SILKSCREENING WORKSHOP
CAIRO officially opens it's water-based silkscreening studio. We will teach you how to make posters and t-shirts for very little $$$. SPACE IS EXTREMELY LIMITED, PLEASE BRING $40 TO CAIRO THIS WEEK TO SECURE YOUR SPOT! we are open from 12-7 every day.
Step-by-Step Orientation and Workshop that will prepare you to work in our new silkscreening studio. Workshop Saturday April 3rd, 2-4 pm. Cost will be $40, which includes 30 days of access to our studio to create your work!! Studio will have open hours Thursday-Sunday from 12-6 pm. Once you've completed the workshop, you are then eligible to use the space.
Once your initial month is up, you can take a break for awhile, or continue using the studio at a $25 per month fee. If you do take a break, you can rejoin at any time.
In addition to teaching you how to use all of the equipment, your membership also gets you photo emulsion (one of the most expensive parts of silkscreening!!), access to screen emulsion cleaner (so you can re-use old screens), discounted equipment (such as screens), and use of general silkscreening supplies (emulsion applier, squeegee's to apply ink, etc).
What the studio offers:
1. Water-based ink, non toxic environment
2. Four Color Press
3. Exposure unit to create your own screens
4. Flash dryer to set ink on t-shirts
5. Pressure washer and utility sink (to use in cleaning and re-using screens)
What the workshop will cover:
1. What makes a good image to silkscreen
2. How to Re-claim or Re-use an old screen (application of photo emulsion, and exposing of silkscreen)
Questions? email us at: email@example.com