Wednesday, May 30, 2012

JUNE ART SHOW: featuring CHRISTOPHER HARRELL


Announcing the newest art exhibition at Cairo, featuring “Last Words”, by artist and graphic designer Christopher Harrell. The show features a collection of mostly typographic posters printed on an old Vandercook letterpress. The words are mostly true and mostly come from the last lines of books.

Artist Statement:
“I have always thought that Words held a sort of power. My work is inspired by/copies the words we read on books and screens everyday. I find the separation of a line from the body of work that it has come from an interesting juxtaposition that may or may not tell us something about nostalgia or ourselves or something similarly impressive sounding. I hope my work will someday help me understand what they meant when they wrote, “Aurum Nostrum non est Aurum Vulgi”.”
http://cargocollective.com/brotherfire





Opens Thursday, June 14th, from 7-9 PM, show runs through July 8th.

See you then!

No comments: