Sunday, April 24, 2011

Mystic Women

The two lovely ladies of today's post are local artists specializing in gems, jewels, and crystals. Under the trade names &c and
Elizabeth Patterson
, Meghann and Beth both feature jewelry inspired by esoteric concepts such as mysticism, the occult, and alchemy.

All of their jewelry, including (but not limited to) necklaces, bracelets, and earrings are made from found objects and hand-picked crystals. These crazy creations are one-of-a-kind and totally cool.

For their photo shoot, both Beth and Meghann dressed in Cairo clothes and accessories, and wore some of their favorite pieces from their own collections. Come in to Cairo or go to their websites to get your hands on some of this fresh spring equipment.








*see more photos here:
here



What is your sign?
B- I'm a virgo with a scorpio rising and a Pluto moon.
M- I'm a leo with a double scorpio.

What is your spirit animal?
B- a bee.
M- a horse. I do horsey things…like fall asleep standing up.

How did you both start designing jewelry?
B- I started working at the bead shop. Then I hired meghann, too.
M-yeah...

Where were you born?
B- San Diego, CA
M- Cincinnati, OH

Who is your favorite local musician or band?
B- IT WAS WET PAINT DMM. NOW I HATE EVERYTHING. No, now I would say any
project involving Phil Elverum.
M- Addarra.

Who or what is your biggest inspiration?
M- Beth Martini.
B- Definitely Meghann. But I like to think of myself as a
craftsperson, as opposed to an artist. I do this thing where I look
at myself in the mirror and say, “I’m not Bauhaus.” I'm inspired by
the gem or crystal I'm currently working with.

Most fascinating place you’ve ever visited?
M- probably Arcosanti.. Its this commune village halfway between
phoenix and flagstaff. It looks like Tatouine from star wars.
B- Garden of the gods in Colorado springs.

What is the worst nickname you've ever had?
B- Liz the lizard in middle school. Its not too bad, but its why I
changed my name to Beth.
M- megzaur I think. That’s my Pokemon nickname.

No comments: